If you are like most people, you think of an orthopedic clinic as the place to get an X-ray, cast, pain management shot, or physical therapy. While all that is true, did you know that orthopedics can improve your overall quality of life?
Whether you are an aging senior, an actively training athlete, or a teen with an unstable ankle, a professional orthopedic team has the tools to optimize how you feel and ensure you move the way you should.
A Head-to-Toe Experience
Your musculoskeletal system drives your movement, balance, coordination, and ability to do anything from the simplest to the most complex tasks. From your spine to your weight-bearing joints (the hip and knee), to the upper extremities (shoulder, elbow, hand, and wrist), through to the lower extremities (foot and ankle), your bones, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and nerves are finely tuned and interconnected. When one part is just a bit off, the whole system is impacted, and so are you.
When you come to an orthopedic clinic for assessment and treatment of an acute injury or chronic condition, high-quality orthopedists – like the providers at Advanced Bone & Joint – view you as a whole person. Your orthopedic doctor will review your health history with you and discuss how your symptoms impede your day-to-day life, as well as your work, sports, family obligations, and other important activities.
The doctor will examine and image your area of concern and plan treatment to address and treat immediate concerns,such as ankle stabilization with a sprain. Your provider also will look at how to prevent other injuries and musculoskeletal problems.
Your Quality of Life
The team at your orthopedic clinic views you as a completely functional human being. So, your doctor and other providers will see to it that:
- Your perceived needs and goals are fully met in a timely and respectful fashion.
- You remain as independent and mobile as possible.
- You become physically stronger, better coordinated, and have improved physical endurance.
- You can enjoy your home and work life.
- Your sports performance is improved, and your training is both effective and safe.
- You experience no further injury or progression of disease or deformity.
- Pain is eliminated or effectively managed.
- You understand the aims and outcomes of corrective or reconstructive surgery or other treatments.
- You value supplemental therapies as vital to your recovery, rehabilitation, and continued health and strength.
- You adapt to your new or revised joint.
- You understand how your durable medical equipment works and can use it effectively.
- Patience and perseverance are key to musculoskeletal recovery and a lifetime of wellness.
- You improve your nutrition, exercise routines, and other lifestyle habits.
The Expertise and Comprehensive Orthopedic Care You Deserve
Find high-quality, comprehensive care at Advanced Bone &Joint in Wentzville, St. Peters, and O’Fallon, Missouri. Our board-certified orthopedic physicians have superior skills and outstanding ability to relate to their patients on a personal level. To us, youare not just a set of musculoskeletal problems, but a real person who deserves the best life possible.
Call us to learn more about our clinic and our services to children, teens, adults, and seniors at (636) 229-4222 or schedule your visit online.